Food photographer and watercolor painter Erin Gleeson made her dream a reality when she left New York City and moved into a tiny cabin in a California forest in order to be closer to nature. Her latest project is The Forest Feast, part cookbook and part art book. Most of the book’s 100 wholly vegetarian recipes call for only three or four ingredients and require very few steps, resulting in dishes that are fresh, wholesome, delicious, and stunning. Featured here are three recipes we recommend trying in your own kitchen (click on each image to see full-size versions).
Special thanks to Erin Gleeson and Abrams Press for permission to reprint. Please support your local bookstore (see book signings below), or purchase a copy of The Forest Feast or through our affiliate link at Amazon.com.
Upcoming Book Signings:
- SAN FRANCISCO: April 26, 2014 (Saturday): Omnivore Books in San Francisco, 3-4pm
- PALO ALTO: April 27th, 2014 (Sunday): Hazon Jewish Food Festival, Palo Alto JCC, food photography workshop & book signing (tickets required, see schedule for pricing details)
- BERKELEY: April 27th (Sunday): Bookish Bookstore in Berkeley, 4pm
- PALO ALTO: May 1, 2014 (Thurs.): Books Inc. in Palo Alto, 7pm
- SAN FRANCISCO: May 3, 2014 (Saturday): Book Passage at the SF Ferry Bldg, 12:30pm, (during the farmers’ market!)
- EAST BAY: May 4, 2014 (Sunday): Rakestraw in Danville, 12 noon (brunch event- tickets available for purchase by calling the store at (925) 837-7337)
For updates to book appearance schedule, please visit theforestfeast.com.