Vincent Price was not only a great actor but an artist, a serious art collector with the Southern California Vincent Price Museum Art Museum, and most importantly, a fine chef. EatDrinkFilms is pleased to bring our readers a preview with some Halloween recipes.
Vincent’s daughter Victoria Price has been collaborating with Jenny Hammerton of Silver Screen Suppers and Eat Like the Stars on presenting his recipes and special events for several years and now film and TV writer Peter Fuller, who curates Vincent Price Legacy UK and The Sound of Vincent Price, has conceived, co-authored and designed a fantastic new cookbook – Supper with the Stars – which continues Vincent’s culinary legacy.
It’s a limited collectors’ edition – only 250 copies are being printed. Information on how to order the book is below the recipes. And keep looking for some fun videos at the end.
Watch a classic Vincent Price movie while dining on a two-course meal from the kitchens of Vincent’s legendary co-stars and his own. The fun and inventive Supper with the Stars cookbook is made for film fans and food fans alike!
The first review is just in.
ORDER THE BOOK NOW–LIMITED TO 250 COPIES
Here’s a link for those in the USA – Supper with the Stars Cookbook – deadline for reserving a copy is 7th November.
If you are in the UK, you can order at: https://www.vincentpricelegacy.com/shop
If you are based in Europe, you can order at: https://www.vincentpricelegacy.uk/for-sale/
All you have to do to enter is make one of these beauties and send Jenny a photo or tag her on Instagram by November 1st. Photos of your crocs will be judged by Victoria Price, Vincent’s daughter. Full details Here.
SUPPER WITH THE STARS Written by Peter Fuller & Jenny Hammerton
Illustrations by Ben Wickey
Foreword by Victoria Price
Dine, sup and cook-a-long with Vincent Price and his legendary Co*Stars every week of the year.
Enjoy the meal and watch the classic Vincent Price movie at the same time.
• 52 recipes from the kitchens of some of Vincent Price’s legendary co*stars with dishes of his own.
• 52 biographies and film reviews, with fun facts and trivia
• Full-colour galleries featuring poster art and rare stills
• Extra Helpings chapter featuring hints, tips and more recipes
• Beverages chapter
• Conversion chart & A-Z glossary
Introduction from Victoria Price
- Easy-to-make instructions
- Great for both novices and the
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and party ideas
- Helpful culinary conversion chart
- Kitchen tested by Vincent Price fans
& foodies from around the world
A VINCENT PRICE CULINARY JOURNEY
- Host a Vincent Price movie night and dinner
- Over 100 recipes tested, reviewed
and updated for the modern palate
- Each Co*Star dish expertly paired with
one of Vincent Price’s recipes
- PLUS Vincent Price movie-themed cocktails,
drinks and more
COME INTO THE KITCHEN
Hollywood Icons: Bette Davis, Henry Fonda,
Lillian Gish, Robert Mitchum, Ronald Colman
Hollywood Beauties: Anne Francis, Ava Gardner,
Gene Tierney, Jane Russell, Lana Turner
Horror Legends: Basil Rathbone, Boris Karloff, John Carradine, Lon Chaney Jr, Peter Cushing, Peter Lorre
Hollywood Heavyweights: Charlton Heston,
Charles Bronson, Dana Andrews, Victor Mature
British Greats: Diana Rigg, Ian Ogilvy, Jane Asher
Comedy Greats: Groucho Marx, Terry-Thomas
Plus The King — Elvis Presley
…and many more
FUN FACTS AND TRIVIA
- 52 extensive biographies of Hollywood and British cinema legends
- 52 comprehensive film reviews
- A selection of classics ranging from Service de Luxe (1938) to Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Includes film noir, comedy, thriller and drama favourites such as Laura (1944), Champagne for Caesar (1950), Shock (1946), Dragonwyck (1946)
and The Whales of August (1987)
- PLUS 20 years of chills and thrills: From House
of Wax (1953) to Theatre of Blood (1973)
Peter Fuller of Vincent Price Legacy UK tells us about the weekly interactive culinary Q&A Zoom sessions that he and Victoria Price hosted.
COOKING PRICE-WISE was a British TV series and book.
Enjoy Tim Burton’s early award-winning short animated film VINCENT starring guess who?
Vincent Price – “How To Cook A Small Boy” –a radio description with great video gallery of Vincent cooking in movies and in his kitchen
Vincent Price on Johnny Carson – Cooking Segment – Nov, 21, 1975- You won’t believe how he cooks it.
Cooking Vincent Price’s Goulash
Does fear make you hungry? If so, join BFI curator Nathalie Morris and film archivist Jenny Hammerton as they demonstrate how to make a deliciously sinister goulash courtesy of acting legend Vincent Price.
Vincent Price’s Culinary Obsession with Boostalgia
Though he was a gourmet chef he didn’t mind making a few bucks doing commercials for products he probably wouldn’t eat but they are very funny.
Try a Wine Cooler
Subway sandwiches? Mmmmmmm good?
Vincent loves soup
Vincent also did an infomercial for fine arts being sold through Sears.
Go to Official Vincent Price Channel managed by the Vincent Price Family Legacy. It also features full films and TV shows as well as clips.